Thread: Boom 31 Spring
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2024, 08:01 AM
mjpEncinitas

I’ll be lurking and looking at all the beautiful blocks made. I’m looking forward to jumping into the next boom. I miss the creative aspects and friends I make in the boom. I have some friends from college (Georgia Tech) that are coming this weekend and I hope we can do a sewing bee and get one of my boom quilts pieced into a top. I’m trying to reduce the number of UFO’s I have.

I also have been making a lot of clothes. It’s been very challenging and fun. My quilting skills are definitely an asset. See below for the pants and shirt I made last week.

As far as my heart goes (yep I’m an exercise physiologist who eats well but still had a massive heart attack in June) it’s getting better. It will never be anywhere near back to normal but it’s certainly better than it was this past summer. My heart is functioning at about 2/3 capacity. My disability parking pass got upgraded from temporary to permanent (which was a disappointment). That being said, I’m going out to play two hours of doubles tennis today. The doctor told me you must’ve been some specimen before this heart attack. The good thing is I was overwhelmed with how my kids, sisters and friends pulled together and spent a lot of time with me and helped out when we weren’t sure what the outcome would be. I felt so well loved.

Attached Thumbnails img_2004.jpeg   img_2003.jpeg