View Single Post
Old 02-14-2024, 05:11 PM
WMUTeach

Did another look about in my sewing space today and tackled two project boxes that needed to be emptied and the contents returned to their proper places. Of course, immediately after emptying one project box I found something to put it in, but that means it is now off my table and in a place when I can access it easily but not have the contents haunting and nagging me taking up my work space.

Now it is time to buckle down to get some projects finished. I know that is another thread, but these half finished things are often what is cluttering up my working space and my brain space. They have been moved to one spot in my room allowing me to work on one, finish it and to then move on to other projects old and newish that need my attention.

Wesing, I too have experienced a serious slow down as I "mature". Taking small bites like many are doing here seems to work for me. Just the worktable top or just the books or just one bin of red fabric makes the job doable. Several organizing gurus suggest setting a timer. I have done that in the past and it works. It is always amazing to me how 15 focused minutes and make such a difference. Job finished, not likely but progress, yes, indeedy do! And for me, that is often all I need to clear my head and a little space in my work area.