View Single Post
Old 02-16-2024, 01:49 PM
rryder

Getting projects finished in order to get them off your work surface counts as organizing in my book LOL!

That's what I'm doing today- stitching together some things so I can put them in their project box and get it out of my space while I work on other things. And, I'm still making progress on that list I posted at the beginning of the year. I've finished up the junk journal area and found a bunch more stuff that my sister can use for her students- that's one more box full out of my space. I spent Valentine's Day taking apart and putting back together the rolling cart that stores my mat board and art papers. That was a job, but well worth it. It is much easier to find and pull out the paper or mat board that I want. Also much easier to put back what I pull but don't use!

I've discovered that the older I get the more stressed I get when my space is overrun with stuff. It makes it hard for me to want to be in my quilting studio when it's piled up- even if the piles are organized WIPs. Too much "creativity" saps my energy for actually being creative. If y'all know what I mean.

I found a good tip on one of the YouTube channels. Instead of making everything easily accessible- make everything easy to put away.

Rob