View Single Post
Old 02-19-2024, 04:30 PM
WMUTeach

Reba, you can always snap a photo of your new "carpenter's wheel-ish" pattern and showing us what is on your to do list. We will then hold you accountable....Tee-Hee-Hee! Nah, we will just watch patiently for progress as you work along. I like your idea of letting the professionals do the calculations. Sometimes I get tired of all the math and just want to sew. Three cheers for pattern designers .

I had a delightful time wandering around one of my favorite fabric stores in Shipshewana, Indiana today. I needed a backing fabric for a quilt I made for a three-year-old boy. Top is a blue and white Pladish, but I wanted something child like for the back and I found popsicles! Not baby but not scary movie characters. Fun kid food! Bright and just a bit silly.

So many beautiful fabrics were sitting on the shelves in the shop trying to lure us in, but the prices have gone up. I get a 30% discount once a month at this shop, but I was seeing fabrics close to $15 a yard. Gorgeous but close to being beyond my budget. Even the discount area is now $8 rather than $6. I did notice that not as many gals were leaving with arm loads of new cuts of fabric this time. Makes it difficult for the shops to keep in business. Guess I will just have to keep using my life time supply of 2.5's. Tee-Hee-Hee!

Watch to PM tomorrow...................February 20th.