View Single Post
Old 02-21-2024, 06:07 PM
pamelor

Hi everyone,
I'm Pam from Seattle. I've lived here a good share of my life with the exception of college, Peace Corps and other random adventures. In the 80's and 90's it was a pretty cool place to be, a small city, clean, lots of natural beauty with mountains on one side and water on the other. It's the supposed birthplace of 90's grunge music (also Jimi Hendrix is from here) and was the home of Starbucks (I have a Starbucks brochure from 1990 that says "visit us at all 5 of our locations!" and I worked at all of them!). People who visit in the summer think the weather is perfect. The Olympic peninsula is just a ferry ride away and we take lots of bicycle day trips on the ferry, across the water, ride around the peninsula or one of the islands, and then home.

When I visited east coast cities in the 80's, they seemed dirty and polluted by comparison. Now -- Seattle looks just like that. Since about 2000 it's gotten very high-priced and crowded, big homeless population and other big-city growing pains. Still, I think the Seattle area would be a fun place to visit in the summer.
I'm happy to meet all of you!