View Single Post
Old 03-01-2024, 03:33 AM
Quossum

I grew up in a mid-size town called Lake Jackson. Its claim to fame: It has streets named “This Way,” “That Way,” “Any Way,” and one in front of a church called “His Way.” I’ll sometimes see street signs from there, especially the one with the intersection of This Way and That Way, pop up on “Interesting Tidbits” kind of sites or lists.

Another neat thing about Lake Jackson is that the city planners tried to maintain as many of the large, beautiful oak trees as possibly when designing the streets layout and neighborhoods. It’s a very pretty town.

I’ve returned to visit family who still live there, and the place has grown a lot, but it still has its iconic street names and lots of trees.

I’ve enjoyed reading the hometown stories, but please exclude me from the prize roulette, since I won one of the contests last year. I just wanted to share.

In quilt news… life is rough right at the moment, and I haven’t had much time to do more than slice fabric and prepare my envelopes, but things will get better soon!