Old 03-05-2024, 10:11 AM
scott2hotty

I’m still having issues posting pictures as the menu doesn’t have a paper clip option. Perhaps because I’m using my iPhone?
I’ve done more research on my sterling treadle. I have been unable to find anything specific to Sterling though, except on this forum. After answering the yes/no questions on a Singer identification site, it suggested that my machine is possibly a 27. I took a closer look at the decals and on the base it is Egyptian inspired with a winged sphinx in the middle. On the right of the Sterling name is a pokey looking floret. The decals are actually in remarkable condition except for the name which is worn away. On the front after Ster… it’s almost faded away. On the back the ST is visible, fades then the ng becomes more visible. I have not been able to locate an identification plate anywhere. On the treadle it is a 45 degree crosshatch and the supporting metal at the back are 2 U shapes, upside down wide U topped with a more narrow U. I think the belt is rubber? It’s very round and appears that it could have some flexibility, it’s a bit loose on the fly wheel. The bobbin case is quite pointy and appears to be an early version according to the Wikipedia page. The bobbin winder on bottom right has a heart shaped piece on top of the round toothed circular piece. As well, where the bobbin goes into the machine it has 2 metal sliders; one opens to the back and the other, which I haven’t been able to open yet, would probably slide forward. In between the sliders is a round metal plate where the needle goes into.
I hope my descriptions are enough for any of you smart people to help me a possible age, whether it’s a remade singer? Any other info you can provide would be greatly appreciated