View Single Post
Old 03-09-2024, 06:16 AM
Snooze2978

Sorry to hear you're losing another fabric store. When I first moved to Carroll, IA, we had 2 fabric stores in town. Shortly afterwards one moved to a little town called Glidden just 7 miles away. I continued to buy fabric from them from time to time but now it's totally closed down. We just lost another one in the other direction just 9 miles away but I don't know if someone else bought it or its just closed down completely.

Then about 6-7 years ago we lost the other fabric store in town. I made a killing every week as they raised the discount for the remaining fabric. Picked up some of their empty bolt cardboards also in case I needed them.

Now we just have a new fabric store that opened up just this past Thursday but I haven't checked it out as yet. It's not like I need fabric but just want to see what they'll be carrying in case there is something like thread, scissors, blades, etc. Our Walmart is getting a remodeling job done right now and it looks like their fabric dept is smaller than it was before. I rarely ever buy Walmart fabric but I did and still do occasionally buy some of their stabilizers. PIcked up a bunch of carded buttons in their clearance rack a couple weeks ago as I'm into making clothes again and didn't have what I needed in my stash of buttons.