View Single Post
Old 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
sewingpup

What kind of machine did you have before? Different brands read different types of files. Most machines now can read some of the different types of files but not all of them. Interestingly, I find that my newer machines cannot always read my older embroidery files from about 20-25 years ago. Like I said earlier, I did get a free basic program from Bernina and also Viking that would convert one type of file to one my machine would use that I could then put on a USB stick. I really haven't done much embroidery since getting my newer machines so am not very experienced in the transferring process. I really don't know what is going on with the Viking website.
I just checked again and there is more information on the website now. You have to select Viking as it looks like the main default is singer. Anyway, it looks like there is a "Basic" free program to help with accessing and transferring the design to a USB stick. There was also a caution, that the website is a new one and it is being worked on as I write!

Last edited by sewingpup; 03-10-2024 at 12:20 PM.