View Single Post
Old 03-13-2024, 03:02 PM
paddingtonbear

@Gemm;864 and @SueZQ from MN
No, I didn't mean to sound unappreciative. My friends were being kind and helpful and they were right! I need interior decorating advice. And colour advice. My diningroom/living room is too busy as it is and a busy table runner and placemats would have added to the confusion. Plain white (which I have already) works well.

I will definitely use the linen fabric for something else as I love the colours but just not for a table runner.

Originally Posted by Gemm
And Paddingtonbear, I'm sorry - while I'm sure they mean well, it sounds like your friends aren't really being helpful to your quilting journey. I have had similar experiences where people have shared their opinions and it has changed my feelings about a particular project. I'm glad you can find joy in shopping for a new project (if it breaks a negative emotional cycle I'd call it a necessary purchase) and I agree with what some others have said here - do what YOU love/enjoy, let things go (temporarily or permanently) if they aren't working for you and keep thinking creatively. I'm sure the right project will come up for your little squares, even if it takes a while. :-)