Thread: Play Ball
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 07:09 AM
toogie

Default Play Ball

Hi Quilters! As you may remember last month I made a sports quilt and posted in the thread ‘FK Camp #2’. I made it to give away but when finished, for some reason, I hated to part with it. So I had to make another. I really wished I had more than one square of the green with the balls left from the first quilt, but I didn’t. I used that one square anyway, bc I had plenty red ( that I forgot to use in the first quilt) and a few yellow, like the green, with balls. I added a green with blue dots and also an orange with white dots bc I wanted to make a basketball on this one. I used heat and bond on the basketball and letters. I did a straight stitch all around each piece, then a zigzag and finally a satin stitch. It shouldn’t gray or come off-lol The blue stars and the white baseball were designs stitched with my embroidery machine. I just love the little baseball! Anyway, I made this one plenty big for a bed quilt. It’s 75x95 but it will shrink some when quilted. I have it spread on a full size bed here but if used on a twin it should hang long enough to be used as a bedspread without using a bedskirt. It will most likely be claimed by one of the great grandsons after I quilt it. Until then I can enjoy it.-lol
pics show top & hanging on each side of full bed.
Attached Thumbnails img_2952.jpeg   img_2954.jpeg   img_2953.jpeg