Old 03-22-2024, 11:27 AM
SueZQ from MN

The nearest Joanns is 45 miles away, but I did have the chance to shop there yesterday and was really disappointed. It was always a nice place to shop and had sufficient inventory of things that were on sale. They had many things on sale at good prices, including 50% off thread, but nothing was marked as being on sale. There wasn't any help in the store or at the checkout, and everything was messy. The floors needed cleaning, and many shelves were nearly empty. To add insult to injury, they couldn't find my tax exempt status in their register so I eneded up paying over $13.00 in sales tax on items that should have been exempt. To be honest, it looked and felt like a store about to close. They had displays of ugly new fabrics that were priced at $15.99-$19.99/yd. which is too rich for my blood and pocketbook, but that is a personal choice. They had a lot of their standard lines of fabric, but it all seemed to me to be of very poor quality. After looking around at the fabric, I am sure that unless it is batting, interfacing, or nationally branded notions, I will not be ordering anything from them even if they accept returns easily. It's too bad, because they used to be a lot different and a whole lot better. Guess it is just a sign of the times.