View Single Post
Old 03-26-2024, 04:17 AM
sjmr

Default Help me shop for a machine!

Hi, I made a post in the introduction section.
I'm here because I'm shopping for a machine and I need some help. I'm getting dizzy with all the options. I know to go to the dealers but there are only 3 dealers within an hour from me and one of them I'm not going to shop with. I want to narrow down what to look for before taking a road trip. I want to piece, FMQ, mend, blind hem.
I was wanting a mechanical machine but I don't think that will be possible with what I want on the machine.
I like the IDT system on the Pfaff, however, that is not a must have. Walking foot is made for a reason!
My must haves are a large throat, needle up/down, speed control, thread cutter, with a front of side loading bobbin. I don't like pulling my project off the machine to change the bobbin.
I want something that will last, metal inside parts. My quilts are usually queen to king size. I work with heavy materials sometimes (denim and flannels)
What do you all recommend? Can I get this in one machine or would it be best to get 2 separate machines? (one for piecing and mending and one for FMQ, quilting)
Thank you all for your help!