Old 04-02-2024, 12:44 PM
SueZQ from MN

When I was younger, we always spent Easter with my cousins in SD so we would drive 100 miles to get there on Thurs.after school. Because we would have to leave for home shortly after church on Sun, we always had our Easter dinner on Fri. evening. My mother was a beautiful seamstress, so every year I had a wonderful new spring dress, and many times had a matching coat. My mom and aunt always had a lavish new Easter hat. haha It was a tradition to have our picture taken on their front steps before we went to church. Our Easter baskets always had cream eggs and marshmallow and caramel bunnies from the Fanny Farmer candy store, except for the one cousin that liked choc. covered cherries. By the time I was in jr. high my cousins had moved to Colorado so we stayed home. Our Luther League served an annual sunrise breakfast between services and then we'd have a family dinner at noon with all the local relatives coming to my parent's home. The afternoon into the evening was spent with everyone playing cards. Those were good times with great memories.