View Single Post
Old 04-03-2024, 06:20 PM
Tagyourit

Hello again!
I've been cleaning on my machine some more. With it being our busy season now I have barely enough time to do anything but work. Some late nights have put me behind on progress. After oiling again and rubbing down the decals with oil i noticed what i thought was varnish on some of the metal pieces. I was sue i was mistaken but when i used a toothpick it made a scrape in whatever was on them. The screws were all full of something so I've been cleaning them out as I go. But I started to think back the day I was given the machine. We were installing LVP flooring for the granddaughter of the original owners, her son and father and roommate had lived in the house after the grandparents had passed. She showed us pictures of the before and I had asked were the walls beige or light brown, her repy was "not originally, but all of the latest occupants were heavy smokers." That was my answer, the crust stuff on my machine is nicotine, lots of it! So I'm going to have to keep at it for a while. Any suggestions are welcome.
Ive attached some pictures of the crust. Thanks Tag

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XGjhVkF3Dpwy3bty5

Last edited by Tagyourit; 04-03-2024 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Forgot pictures