View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 03:20 PM
WMUTeach

SusieQOH, thrilled that your hubs is doing better and that now you can relax. You must love him wildly to be a "mess" when he is ill. It only shows how tender your heart is.

Thanks for the list, SBG. Our lists agree. More tomorrow, fingers crossed. What fun for you to introduce your hubby to a quilt show as part of your birthday celebration. Enjoy! He will come home wiser, hopefully more understanding, and his eyes amazed at what can be done with thread and fabric.

I saw the eclipse with my special glasses and a few of the condo neighborhood residents that stopped by. Just settled down in my folding lawn chair and waited for it to get dark. It did not get fully dark but pretty gloomy and an odd color to the atmosphere. I used the viewing box during the 2017 eclipse and was pleasantly surprised at how effective it was.

My retreat weekend was productive. I got 10 Cleopatra's Fan blocks almost finished. I decided that I needed to change one of the colors in each set of five blocks. I finished four 17" blocks for my April 2.5 quilt and made parts for 4 more. I need to cut black and white 2.5s from my stash. Amazing that I need to cut more. That is OK, I want to reduce the yardage stash too. Lastly, I got a Project Linus top finished using a layer cake that no longer entranced me. Photos later when I have the projects closer to finished.

Looking forward to our next birthday celebration................. Yea!