Thread: Boom 31 Spring
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 01:25 PM
Lstew2212

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Thanks, Reba... Have you ever tried PP without sewing through the paper? Once I learned it (from an online video) it's the only way I PP now. You fold the piece back along the sewing line and then sew just a hair to the side of it, not through it. Then you have no paper to peel and no distortion in your stitches from sewing through the paper and then tearing it out. You can use your pattern several times before it wears out, too. It's the only way to fly! (for me).

Ive been looking at Juki sergers online, and there's one that doesn't completely break the bank, that has "air assisted" threading. So cool! You just stick the thread ends into feeder holes, and then press the AIR button, and--whoosh!-- the machine threads the loopers with air. I hope to be able to see it in person at the quilt show tomorrow.

I've decided to take my Juki domestic in to the repairman one more time. Maybe I can get a few more years out of it before I have to replace it. It will be gone for a week, so in the mean time I'll continue quilting all my tops.

Speaking of which... Here is my finished bird quilt from Boom 30. It turned out so lovely (THANK YOU, all!) that I think I'm going to give it as a wedding present on 4/21. It's only a throw size, but it's still outstanding.
Beautiful quilt, I love it.