Thread: Slotted ruler
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2024, 08:02 AM
sewingpup

I got the Stripology Rulers by Creative Grids, and I also got their cutting matt that was designed to make using their ruler easier. The Cutting matt is really nice but a bit pricey. I use these rulers when I cannot use my accuquilt as I do not have the dies. I used to use the June Taylor for years prior to this. There is a trick to using them and it takes a bit of practice to get your rotary cutter to work smoothly and you do need to make sure that you are not putting pressure on one side or you can distort the ruler slots enough to modify the size. I have found that using the 45mm cutter works better for me than the 60mm cutter. I also will use the extra large one to cut strips of various sizes from yardage. It works slick for that. It is I think even faster than using the GO to do this and you do not need to have a die for each size. GE Designs has several videos on their website on how to use the stripology rulers and matts as well as having many patterns that are designed using these rulers.