View Single Post
Old 04-30-2024, 11:48 AM
scrappingfaye58

Onebyone... such great input! You hit it on the head about non-participation. We do require committee participation (and many are very simple participation) and contributing a quilt to be donated to a kids organization.

I am going to be broaching the subject of zoom presentations. Google searches have not yielded many teachers or speakers these days, plus, my annual budget is $2000 which I personally think is high, given the fact that at least several times a year (we have monthly meetings) the fact that we have XXXX in the bank that we are unable to touch if we don't want to pay bank fees, and that unless we fundraise in some fashion, we will be "broke" in several years. We are currently having members who choose, donate handmade items to a local shop where tourists come to visit. Other guilds have apparently raised a reasonable sum of money with small items, which is what we are doing. I am just sitting back and watching. I have enough on my plate without making items that may or may not sell.