View Single Post
Old 05-09-2024, 06:54 AM
Rebaquilts

Originally Posted by JENNR8R View Post
In March I shared about a cat quilt that I made for a local cat rescue. I included a pillowcase that was made from the backing kitty fabric to carry it in.

They held a Mother's Day raffle last week, and it ended up raising $2,250 for the kitties! I couldn't have made a quilt, sold it myself, donated the proceeds, and get that much money for any of the quilts I have ever made. I'd love to do this again for another charity some time.
Wow congratulations on such a cool quilt and such a great raffle result! We now have a rescue kitty in the office. One of my secretary's dog sitting owners called her up about a cat hanging around their house and the dog owner didn't want to deal with it, so she went to the house and got the cat. She got it vetted and it is hanging out here until we find it a home. The cat is so sweet, about a year old, and doesn't have a mean bone in its body. The cat was hanging on me yesterday as I was doing a mediation, I explained to the people that we have a rescue cat in the office for a little bit. I think they know when they have been rescued and are very grateful. It was nice to see this quilt today. Hugs!