Old 03-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Andii

Hi, I'm Andi and I live in Central Florida. I don't have a lot of sewing experience but I have so many plans and a love of fabric and color and the idea of quilting...I am a quilter at heart.

You all are so good and make it look so easy that I was swept away into my fantasy of quilts for gifts and round robins and block exchanges and maybe even of being a secret quilt angel next year!

I have cut most of the material for my first quilt and as I was going along found out I'm not the best cutter but figured it had to get easier. I switched from the rotary cutter to tracing each piece and cutting with scissors and it went a bit faster.

This evening I made my first sub-units which include prairie points and as I was folding and ironing the tiny bits of color I thought it has to get easier than this.

Next came the basting which I was sure would be easy, I mean one needle, one piece of thread how hard could it be? Lord, have mercy, I'm a dreamer!

I lost my needle at least fourteen times, my rough dry winter hands caught on the thread unthreading my needle at least twice that many times and my poor poor neglected dog let me know she isn't into this new hobby! She wants some attention!

I am now ready to sew my four sub-units into a teeny tiny little kite but first I have to make a bobbin(wind a bobbin? thread a bobbin? What is the correct word?) and thread my machine...my beautiful five year old niece, Livi, may be receiving this lap quilt for a college graduation present at the rate I'm going!

I'm kidding really, I know it gets better or you wouldn't all be on here flourishing.

I love this place! It feels like a neighborhood with a lot of friends gathered, working and talking together. Thanks for the inspiration.

Now for threading the machine-is that the easy part? :hunf: