Old 03-12-2010, 07:57 AM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by danmar
Hi everybody! As you know I got my new (and only) templates from Rhonda on March 7th! (That's only 5 days ago!) I've been having a lot of fun with them. I made those few mini's and Kaleidoscopes that I posted on my post "I Got New Templates Today!!!". Well, I made 7 K's and now I'm making a wall hanging out of them.

This has turned into quite the "Learning Experience"!!! :oops: You see, I've never done most of the stuff before.

1. I've never made a Wall Hanging before.
2. I am using the K's that I had started learning to make just 2 days before.
3. I couldn't get the rounded edge of the K to turn under 1/4" and look right, so I had to design my own way to do them.....without that step!
4. I am appliqueing them to my background fabric, and I've never done applique before.
5. I'm making yo-yo's for the centers, and I've never made yo-yo's before.
6. I altered Rhonda's Dresdan Kaleidoscope template, (on cardboard not the real one), and made a "Mini K"! It's 5" across instead of 8 1/4".

Well, the point is that my K Wall Hanging is a total learning experience. I just thought that I'd post a picture and see what you all think of it so far. I'm thinking about using the applique method and putting gently rolling "Stems" between the bottom 2 corners. Any ideas out there??? I'd love to get your input!
FANTASTIC! I'm getting a new idea already! :thumbup: