View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 08:59 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Katrine
They're exquisite Rhonda - betcha get repeat orders!
It is a situation where I will keep her stocked up. so it is guaranteed orders every month as long as they sell. I was selling this way to Yoders in Kalona but her DH died and with the economy she closed the store. But Juanita at Willowcreek has been wanting my stuff for several years now but I had promised Joette as long as she was buying from me I wouldn't sell to anyone else in her area. So this opportunity was sitting waiting for me. Now I am able to sell to Juanita. She will buy outright not a commission deal. So I will stock her up by the end of April and then see how much sells. As it sells I will keep it stocked up every few weeks. I have done this for 12 yrs with Joette. My only concern is the regulars that bought my stuff may not realize they can get them across the street from Yoders. Yoders was an antique store with lots and lots of amish flavored gifts heavy on the quilt look. But Juanita's store is more modern country look with a quilt shop in the back half. For one people who are quilter's may look at it and love it but go home and try their own version without buying or it may not appeal to the ones who like the country signs and gimmicky country decor. We shall see!!! No telling also if the economy is up enough for sales either. Our area was hit really hard with a tragically wide spread flood summer before last and last summer was really bad for business. Hundreds of people lost their homes and almost a third of the businesses in the near by town of Coralville were destroyed and a lot of them never reopened. It was the kind of flood where the water was up to the top of the door on the Taco Bell. People were out in boats to get in to see the damage. You had to drive an hour more than normal to get around all the damage to even get in to Iowa City. It was really really bad and everyone is still recovering.
So I hope things are better this year and no more major floods!