View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 09:59 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Katrine
Do you get local newspapers you could put a "...now available at new outlet..." type of thing. Or do a few small posters (with Juanita's ok of course) saying sort of the same? I am sure she will put something in her front display anyway, because it is a new additon for her too. Hope it goes well there! The floods were a disaster, and everywhere the recession has affected what and how people buy.
The floods cut off Kalona from the rest of the world except for one road in. There are at least 4 main roads in. And the one road in was covered for awhile but not for long. It was bad.

Kalona is a major tourist attraction and the town's business is tourism so I know they will do ok. I just know it takes time to get something new started. The town's tourism is based on Quilts and the Amish so quilts are the major draw. They have quilts painted ont all the store windows quilts displayed in the banks and the restaurants and there are signs hung on the light posts that are quilt pictures. It is a big deal there. There is a quilt festival the end of April so we are aiming for that to be the big event for my stuff. But she is doing an open house the 19th and 20th so I am working on my first order for her for that.