View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 06:54 AM
Bessie

Greetings from Stafford, TX. I thoroughly enjoy The Quilter's Message Board and love seeing what everyone is working on and the informational postings on the many varied topics of quilting.

I have been around quilters all of my life. I have fond memories of my grandmother hand-piecing scrap quilt tops for all of her grandchildren. I recently shared with my mother I wish my grandmother could come back for just one day and see the beautiful fabrics and patterns now available to quilters.

My mother has hand-pieced and machine-pieced quilt tops and hand quilts most of her life and at the age of 83 continues. She is a very well known hand quilter in her area and has been acknowledged in Judy Murrah's published books as her "sewing angel".

I do not quilt but love to make quilt tops that either my mother hand quilts or I have done by a long-arm machine quilter. I particularly love hand embroidery combined with patchwork for quilts.

I have just started the Life Is Beautiful pattern by Helen Stubbings of Hugs 'n Kisses and I am doing it in black and cream fabrics with the embroidery done in black on tea-dyed fabric.