Old 04-27-2008, 09:46 AM
barnbum

One of my student's parents (actually I have her identical twin boys) wants to buy this 40x40 piece for her mother-in-law for Mother's Day. I picked a cool back I thought would make it reversible, and I just finished quilting it. Not too shabby, at least there are no puckers--but it's easy "almost" in the ditch stuff. I used green thread and stuck to the green fabric.

I'll bind it in the green from the top. It actually matches the back quite well.

1. Is that enough quilting? It will be used for the middle of a table--but removed when eating is going on. The quilting in the corners doesn't show up as well--but there is some. Warm and Natural batting.

2. Price? The only thing I can come up with is the table runners-which are about 1/3 the size--will sell for about $25-28, then maybe $70 for this? Is that too high? I have at least 5 hours into it--and some quality fabrics.

Throw some numbers at me!! I have to figure this stuff out for a future craft sale.

And don't say if her boys are easy sell it for an especially low price... they dressed alike for most of the year and can be a handful! Exactly why I'm not doubling the price. :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

back again in case this angle was better to see quilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]8751[/ATTACH]

Front
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9062[/ATTACH]

back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9092[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-8751.jpe   attachment-9062.jpe   attachment-9092.jpe