View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 12:25 PM
jigsymom

I had a really good Oster Iron for years. Somehow its handle got cracked hubby taped it so it wouldn't pinch my hand when I ironed. No need for a new iron... Then it started dumping the steam water... so I started using a spray bottle. Then another day I tried filling it again and it dumped all the water and turned itself off. Threw it in the trash and bought a new nice iron. Hate it because its hard to see the settings and it has a filter so I have to take that out every so often and soak in vinegar to remove the chemicals from the water. Won't work without the filter in place. Hate it but dang I paid good money for it and I have to use it. Then last year the big doorprize at my quilting guild meeting was a Rowenta Iron . I didn't win it but my friend did. (She really needed a new iron so I was happy for her) Then about 4 months later they had another one and that one I won.. I am thrilled with it. So the old iron stays in the laundry room with the fold down out of the wall ironing board (hate it) and I moved my big ol ironing board and the new iron into my sewing room. I am sooooo happy. Not only a new iron but now I don't have to go to the other end of the house each time I need to press seams on my squares.