View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 05:50 PM
Gerbie

So sorry to hear about your brother-in-law ugly ugly disease cancer. Saying a prayer for him I definitely know prayers are answered. I had total thyroidectomy in July with cancer on one lobe, so far everything is clear, I gave everything over to God to handle and he has so far.
Now for quilting, I was going to suggest The Quilter'sCache.comfor some good patterns, they are free for downloading, I just made three square in a square blocks for our local guild's cancer quilt to be raffled off at our annual 4th of July on "Tough Enough to wear Pink" night at the rodeo, when all cowboys and participants and the crowd is asked to wear pink, hopefully we can sell a lot of tickets and donate the funds to our local org. for Relay for Life. Also an easy quilt Log Cabin, I made a king size in about two weeks and worked too, for a dear friend's 70th birthday last year. I used the pattern from Quilt in a Day Log Cabin pattern from Eleanor Burns, such an easy pattern. Wishing you luck and prayers and good health to Bill and all of the family. Gerbie