Thread: Sick about this
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 08:58 PM
Shelley

Originally Posted by dgmoby
Did you have this professionally quilted? I would be asking my quilter about this...since I quilt, I can say this :) Most quilters press before the quilting, so this would have been pressed to the border. Certainly we see it before the quilting.

I think it might prevent it from winning a ribbon...sorry to say. But really that would depend upon the show - how large it is. It is a beautiful quilt - and you did an amazing job.

It may be one you end up just enjoying...but on the other hand, if you do enter it once, you'll know based upon the comments. I would have to think twice about the quilter...

Just my thoughts....
Very few LA quilters that I know will press a quilt before quilting. If a quilt has been shipped to me, I'll take out 'shipping lines' but I don't totally press a quilt. A quilt top needs to be pressed well as the quilt is made. And I certainly don't change the pressed direction of the seams.

Don't be too hard on your quilter. She did a beautiful job with your quilt top. Stuff happens, and both of you missed the show-through.