Old 04-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

Wow. Just about everything I've read...no one appreciating what you create or the time you put into it reminded me of my artwork. Senior year I worked so hard to get my artwork "good enough" so that it could be displayed somewhere outside the school. I worked on my final for sculpting class (my last art class) for about two weeks. It was displayed up in the library with all the other sculptures and for whatever reason they were taken down. A couple of weeks later the sculptures were back up. You know what happened? While everyone else's sculpture got put back up mine got sent back to me. To add insult to injury, my friend (who I was furious at during that time because she was cheating on her boyfriend, also a friend of mine---but that's another story)...she had kind of half-@$$ed her final sculpture and worked three days on it...it was put up display at the Pump House Regional Center for the Arts in La Crosse and apparently sold for $20. So basically I planned and sculpted for two weeks just to have my artwork unappreciated and handed back to me by my teacher and somebody else taking the only thing I ever wanted (and that's when I decided not to go to art school).

So believe me Sue...I completely understand where you're coming from (you getting back your quilts reminded me of how I felt getting back the artwork I worked on). I just pray that never happens with any future quilts I make.