Old 03-15-2010, 08:47 AM
Bobbinwinder

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Originally Posted by Bobbinwinder
There was a vet that we loved and used for years...he referred to neutering as "brain surgery"....because it "changes the way they think".
...and that's a bad thing how?
Oh, Mad, I didn't mean to imply that it was a bad thing...and neither did the vet. I actually condensed the story from the vet and the "humor" may have been lost. The vet gave students an opportunity to work in the clinic while attending veterinary school...one of his student assistants overheard the vet tell one of his longtime employees that a client would be bringing her cat in and to set up the surgical suite. The student went to the employee to inquire as to what procedure was planned in hopes of observing/assisting...the clinic orderly said "brain surgery"...when the student noticed that everything seemed to be headed toward the wrong end of the cat, he asked when they would start the "brain surgery"....the orderly then told him that the vet had just changed the cat's thinking...SAME THING, isn't it? That great old vet and his longtime orderly delighted in telling the story!
For my part, I am FOR NEUTERING...I believe it saves lives, prevents injuries and reduces spread of diseases, and greatly improves the quality of life for the cat and the human the cat owns.