View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 08:58 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lneal
Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
For my quilt labels on the back, I write with a Pigma Micron 05 pen, bought from my LQS. It says "micro pigment ink for waterproof and fade proof fine lines".

Well, I finish a quilt, write on the label with the pen, lay the iron on the writing for a few seconds to set it, and then toss it in the wash (easy wash and dry cycles). I pull it out and the pen is almost all faded! Sad (and makes me nervous about the other quilts I have out there).

Are there other ways to make the pen set??? Is there a different pen I should use? I know a lot of people print on fabric and use that, but I like handwriting it so I want to stick with a pen-type instrument.

Thank you as always!
I have had the same thing happen with a permanent pen I purchased at my LQS. It was very disappointing after I washed the quilt and it had faded so badly.
Me too! It was a micro pigma pen as well. I had prewashed the fabric let it sit overnight but I never heat set it. I figured that was what I did wrong. Maybe there is a batch of bad pigma pens out there!