View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 04:50 PM
MaryAnna

Originally Posted by JanieW
MaryAnna.
Sure come on along! We are going on our own, no tour so it will be an adventure for sure.

I loved your BOM. That is truly gorgeous fabric. I will have to save my Euros in case I come across something similar there. We'll have to live on ketchup soup for the next month so I can have Euros for fabric! :)

Off to research quilt shops in Paris!

RoseofSharon, good luck. I'm looking forward to seeing your results.
JanieW,
I would love to go, but can't this year...so I expect you to take pictures and post a few. You must visit Montmarte. It is the oldest part of Paris, the Basilique du Sacre-Coeur is beautiful; however, my favorite is on the backside of Sacre-Coeur...St. Pierre de Montmarte , it's the oldest church in Paris and in that neighborhood are some of the oldest restaurants in Paris, you'll also find Salvadore Dali's place & museum. When I went to Paris I too did not go on a 'tour', but I researched and bought a couple of guides. AAA Spiral Guides are good and I recommend National Geographic Traveler Paris guide.
Ah there's so much to do and see in Paris! One trip is never enough! Do take the water boat tour of the Seine at night, you can catch the boats by the Eiffel tower. And be sure to visit the gardens, they're all magnificent!
I'm getting long winded!
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna