Thread: My new studio
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 07:34 AM
Barbm

I cleaned my daughter's room yesterday (she left Tues. for Japan) and my husband asked if I was moving my stuff down there. I said no- I'm taking a picture of the room while it's neat and sending it to my daughter to show her what it looks like if you pick up after yourself.

I did ask if I could come back to the family room if I promise not to let things get out of control. I'm in other daughter's room and I miss talking to people. I only want to bring the desk and sewing machine down, I'll keep my stash in the closet.

I also cleaned my son's room (just had to hang up a poster I took down and put away stuff the daughter threw in there) so I have 3 clean, unused bedrooms. Then I switched winter and summer clothes in my closet and changed to lighter bedding. I still have to clean the formal living room- there are boxes all over- I have NO idea where to put them- she didn't leave instructions.

And to top it off- I finished the 17 crumb blocks for my project. Would have started the Sunbonnot Sue blocks but dummy me left the photocopy at the office. It's my stash buster project, that doesn't seem to dent the scraps stash.

Did try to bargain with the last child at home- his room is very messy. I asked him if I could embarrass him into cleaning because the rest of the house is clean. Didn't work, but he did install my new printer I got to print on fabric. :)

I still have envy for those who have a dedicated room, I wish I could do that. Perhaps after the stuff I'm storing for 2 daughters goes away.

Barb