Old 04-03-2007, 03:51 AM
vicki reno

I have been a quilter for over 20 years and just about everyone in my family has received quilts from me, be it baby quilts for heir new born, wall quilts oor bed quilts. What hurt the most was the year I spent months making a quilt for my mom. I used the grandmothers flower garden concept but just the center and one set of outer "petals'. I transferred a phot to each center piece. (back then, the only way to do it was heat transfer, but I did it--family photos in the cnete of each flower. She and my dad were on the very center flower. It was done in peaches and soft greens, the exact colors of her guest bedroom. She flew to NC for a visit one May, mothers day weekend. I was sooo excited I couldn't wait to give it to her. Well, she was polite enough while at my house, but once she got it home, stuck it in the closet. Its never seen daylight since. That hurts as much as someone misusing a quilt. But even more because it was done with a lot of love for her, hand quilted even--full size. So I send her flowers from the florist now and never a handmade gift!
Now I feel better because I got that off my chest. Thank You Friends!