Old 03-16-2010, 04:41 AM
raptureready

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I was watching "Leave it to Beaver" today and was thinking to myself, why cant the world be like this still.......

I know everyone knows the meaning behind my screen name (pretty evident if you ask me :lol: ) but I really long for that time in history.

Of course the TV Land channel plays all of the good old programs like my favorite "Bewitched" (Elizabeth Montgomery was soooo beautiful),"Gunsmoke", and "Leave it to Beaver". And they usually play at least 3 or 4 programs of each in a row. There is another channel that plays the"Patty Duke Show" one after another "77 Sunset Strip" and the old westerns like "The Rifleman", "Lone Ranger" and "Sugar Foot".

But things were so much safer and nicer back then. I guess I was lucky being born in 1966 and got to experience some of the good times but I have always said I was several generations out of sync. I should have been a teen in the 40's so I could watch the birth of the hot rod industry and actually live when it was safe to be a kid!!

Billy
Ahhhh, back when Matt never kissed Kitty, Laura and Rob slept in separate twin beds and both wore pajamas. It's a shame that the age of innocence is gone. We are all just too accepting, too lenient nowdays. We go ahead and watch shows on tv that do things we don't approve of. :cry: And we've gotten used to piping garbage into our homes and worse yet, we let our children watch these things. I have a friend who lets her young children watch R rated movies and has since they were tiny. They are only 11 and 12 now. Each year television pushes the edge of the envelope more and more and we allow it instead of complaining to and/or boycotting the sponsors. Personally I just shut it off and we strictly monitor and limit tv for our daughter.
I was up rather late the other night and wanted to watch something funny. I tuned into Lopez Late which is advertized as a comedy. Can you say vulgar???? In less than 30 seconds and I was shutting it off. Okay. I'll step down from my soapbox now.