Old 04-28-2008, 02:51 PM
tlrnhi

In my opinion...I don't think Patrice is mad, just disappointed. Many of us will undersell our things because we want to be nice.
I can understand why you did what you did.
I know way back when...I was making the decorated hats. Had one that I sold for $10, but put way more money and time into it. I just didn't realize it at the time, but I wanted to be nice, so I "gave it away" at $10.
The same goes for our quilts. We love making them, but when it comes to putting a price on them, we back down.
A guy on hubbys ship wants me to make him a quilt. Says he'll pay me $50 if I make it for him, but I have to supply the fabric. I almost said yes because he's a nice guy, but then I thought about it again and figured I'd put almost that much in fabric into it. I told him I would make him one for $100 (twin size) and he said that was too much. A bit later, I thought about it and almost called him and said the $50 would be fine, but I didn't.
It's taking me a while, but I'm not backing down on the things I make.
Does this all make sense?

Yes, you seem a bit spoiled when it comes to your class, but you also spoil them, so it works both ways. You are very lucky to have children/parents that care for you like they do. There are many parents out there that think of teachers as overpaid babysitters. I'm still trying to figure out HOW they think teachers are overpaid! But, that's another subject....

Now, go give your "babies" hugs and hug them for me too! :)