View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 01:33 PM
oops

Originally Posted by SuzyM
All ripped out it went much faster than I thought it would. The first pass of cross hatching is done and after a break I will do the second pass. It is a lap size quilt at least I wasn't working on my usual mammoth quilt that I make. I am hoping to be just working on sewing the binding by hand tonight.

I called the lqs to find out how much a Bernina walking foot cost and it was $180 FAINT!!!!!. I guess I won't be buying that foot anytime soon. My mom did buy quite a few feet so I do have a wide variety.
Our Bernina center has what they call 20/20.
We pay $20 at the beginning of the year or even now if we haven't already signed up. With that card we can get 20% off most anything in store any time of the year. I ended up paying $139.99 for a $174.99 walking foot plus tax.
Today I got a $103.99 buttonhole foot for $83.14 plus tax.
It really pays off. If we go to special classes and we have it we get 25% off. Being that I recently bought a new Bernina not the cheaper Bernette my card has paid for itself. I didn't get 20% off my machine ( it was on sale) but the attachments that I bought that day, I did. So ask your dealer if they have that or it might be just our local one who came up with it. My first Bernina I had for 16 years and the owner of shop knows that I quilt so she made sure I got another decent one.
Good luck with your mothers. Sometimes it only takes once to sit and use something of a loved ones. She is looking down on you and telling you to enjoy it. If you don't understand something on it, your dealer will help.