Old 03-16-2010, 06:38 PM
Gerbie

Hi, I really like your idea of a memory quilt with family photos for your Dad to look at when he gets lonely. They definitely do when they are away from family and in a home facility. I agree with others about the sew in for the pictures instead of iron on's the iron on's are like some tee shirt decals, eventually crack and wear off. I am planning a memory quilt for my daughter hopefully to complete this summer. Anyway, I was going through things today to get things I need for the project and found my fabric sheets. As someone else mentioned, go to Hobby Lobby or some quilt shop and look for June Taylor's Sew In colorfast Fabric Sheets for Ink Jet printers, 3 pages per package. The package I have are 8 l/2x11 sheets. I have used these before and really like them, instructions are included and the sheets are cotton fabric, I would check these out and find some one at the quilt shop and/ or a local quilt guild to help you. I don't know if these come in any color except white, because that's all I have ever found them in. But they work great. I love your idea, and better yet, instead of mailing it to your Dad when it is finished, perhaps you and siblings if there are any could all meet and hand deliver. That would be the greatest gift he could receive. Both of my parents are deceased, and I miss them dearly, so any time you can spend with your Dad will be fond memories you will always cherish. Good luck with your project. Gerbie