View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 12:11 PM
pattysue

Hi Sharon,

I have mostly learned from TV quilting programs, books and on-line. I don't do well in a class; 'tho most quilters swear by them. I'm always 'way behind the rest of the students and besides no matter what supplies I take to class, there is always something I forgot! I started watching Fons & Porter in 1995 or 96. I kept thinking quilting sounded like fun but until we retired in 1999 I never had the time. Now that's all I do. My husband likes to cook and bake and who am I to stop him? (I even got him a coffee cup that says "I cook, she quilts.")

I do my own machine quilting and have had a hard time pushing the quilt through the machine. In the past for a large quilt (I've only made 4 large ones) I did it in sections. But my husband of 51 yrs. bought me a Grace Quilting Frame and a Janome professional sewing machine for Christmas.
I'm anxious for him to get the many, many pieces together so I can start practicing my "short-arm" quilting.

I buy most of my quilting books from Amazon.com because they're cheaper. And most of my fabric is purchased on line, not because it's cheaper but because I won't have to run all over town looking for a particular fabric. There are hundreds and hundreds of on-line shops.

Just got back from water aerobics at the Y and it's time to get sewing. Sitting at a sewing machine for several hours a day isn't much exercise!!!

Nice to hear from you.