View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 06:28 AM
fireworkslover

Originally Posted by spinnergs
Originally Posted by fireworkslover
This quilt was made by following instructions in the book "Ghost Layers and Color Washes" by Katie Pasquini Masopust. Lots of freezer paper cut out and used for templates for the whole thing.
Really love the work you did and the great colors! Please share more about your technique and finishing! Thanks, Georgia
The original design was a photo I took of tulips in a garden of mine. I drew the design from the photo, then you copy it onto another paper , which will eventually be cut up to make your patterns. Also copy design onto a piece of Sulky Totally Stable. The majority of the pieces were cut out and the edges turned under and pressed, some I fused on w/ Wonder Under, then placed on the Sulky stabilizer and heat tacked in place. When all fabric is in place, turn stabilizer over and press, to secure all pieces. Turn over and stitch all pieces in place w/ a zig zag stitch. Turn over and tear off all the stabilizer. Cut batting, backing, sandwich and machine quilt. I did a lot of decorative stitching to help blend some areas since I couldn't find the exact fabric for some sections. Bind and finish.
I liked the end result but this was a very laborious process. I'll prob. never do another like this. It took me 5 mos. of evenings to do this process and it measures only 28" X 21".