Old 03-18-2010, 10:35 PM
n2scraplvr

This Snowball quilt sat for a number of years because I didn't know how I was going to put it together. One day, 2 years ago, I just got brave and did it. When I started this quilt, I had the bright idea to QAYG so I HQed each of the 4 sections and left the edges undone for ease in joining. I was able to put the fronts RST without opening too many seams and sewed them okay. The back sections I had to hand applique them to make it look like they had been seamed. It worked but what a hassle. After assembling, I now only have to HQ the horizontal and vertical rows where they meet. Never again! This was made for my niece. I'm holding it for her. It's 78x78. Was started 7 or 8 yrs. ago, joined together 2 yrs. ago and only have the upper and bottom halves of each snowball to HQ vertically and horizontally where it all meets. And then we're finished! Whew! Couldn't get all of it in the picture but here it is:

finally together - Snowball
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17641[/ATTACH]

close up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17642[/ATTACH]

just folded to see the 4 back sections
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17643[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-17641.jpe   attachment-17642.jpe   attachment-17643.jpe