Old 03-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by Naturalmama
It says "Riccar" on the front - so last night I finally sent an email to Riccar to see if I could find out what kind of walking foot to get for it....... Anyway, I got a prompt reply this morning and they said that they forwarded my email to Tacony since they don't know anything about their machines.
Hi there, I got a PM to see if I could shed some light on the subject by one of our members. What you have a badged machine. That means that this one company (Talcony) built sewing machines and place who evers name on it that bought from them.

This has been going on since almost the time the sewing machine was invented. Most of the times it is the "Store Brand" name on it (J.C. Penny, Montgomery Wards, and Sears/Kenmore for example) but then some sewing machine companies will sub contract to them for one or more of their models. Morse, Universal, Riccar, and White are few of the companies that do.

Riccar is the Ferrari of the sewing machines, Italian manufactured and extremely reliable. But maybe the model you have was a lower end model and was subcontracted to Talcony. It does not mean it is inferior to the higher end Riccars, but it was built to their specs by Talcony and the cost of manufacture was far less than what it would have cost them to be in that certain market.

Now as far as the walking foot is concerned any aftermarket should work for your machine. Just make sure you take the foot off of your machine to verify the shank height. And if you have a sewing machine shop around you they will have feet for several different makers and models of machines.

I hope this helped you and if you want put a photo of the machine up on this thread so we can see it and I might can find out something about the parent company for you.

Billy