View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 05:15 PM
patricej
Administrator

Originally Posted by b1pegasus
Patrice
I really have only been quilting for about a year and am not sure what applique templates are could you explain Please... are you talking about the spots for the cows ??? boy I hope I don't sound like an idiot...
why does everybody around here apologize for asking questions? and worry about looking stupid? you know when i look the most stupid? when i not only won't admit i don't know something, but won't ask somebody who does. now that's 1st Class Stooooooooooooooooopid.

Pegasus ... when you ask a question you are displaying maturity, grace, a great deal of intelligence, and just plain commons sense. AND THAT GOES FOR THE REST OF US AROUND HERE, TOO. GOT IT?

end of lecture. class may go back to the playground.

Yes. I was talking about templates for the spots. "Template" is just a fancy word for pattern. Gives the makers an excuse to charge more for them. they're made in all shapes and sizes from any number of different materials. When used for applique, quilters trace around them so they know where to cut and stitch all the little pieces of fabric they miraculously turn into some pretty amazing stuff.

you've been using templates for all kinds of things since you were in kindergarten. maybe longer. you just didn't realize it. too busy having fun with them to worry about what they're called. which is a pretty smart way to operate, if you ask me.
:wink: