Thread: Stash
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 08:09 AM
mpspeedy

Since I have been at this for 40 years my stash is huge. I do have it fairly organized. I have two plastic six foot high shelves in my laundry room with plastic bins of fabric which are labeled. Next I have a larger room on the other side of that wall that holds 4 more of those shelving units with plastic bins, also labeled. In addition that room houses my large cutting table and my ironing station. Both have storage under them. At this point I have 4 large plastic bins of Linus fabric on top of my cutting table. I also have lots of batting and sewing related accessories in plastic boxes in that room. That is all in my basement. In my upstairs sewining/computer room I have two tables that hold my sewing machine, serger and embroidery machine. One six foot shelving unit with plastic bins of fabric and thread storage bins. A former bedroom dresser that serves as my small cutting and ironing station. I have rolling bins for thread and notions under the table that houses the serger and embroidery machine. I have racks meant for wax paper. foil etc. attached to the sides of the dresser that hold my rolls of embroidery and sewing stabilizer. The drawers of the dresser are full of embroidery and sewing supplies. I have open shelves and lid racks above the dresser and table that holds the serger etc. The racks make great storage for rullers ect. The room was formerly my daughter's bedroom. It has a small half bath in one corner. The closet is great for more quilt related storage and I have an antique thread cabinet on top of my grandmother's former dropleaf diningroom table. Of course the room also contains our computer system with all of it's componets and a stand alone copier as well as a 20" TV.
One of these days I will get some pictures posted. I prefer the lightproof plastic storage for my long term stash storage.