View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 08:35 AM
Bev

Originally Posted by martapr
Actually - it was not. A friend of mine showed me how to make it. I'm sending you a sample of how it is put together. You will need to cut 2 1/2" x 5" strips of light & dark fabrics. I used my reminants. The lighter colors are on the left & darker colors are on the right. Once you have the length you need, you will need to trim the side points on each side & sew them together. I hope these instructions are clear. Let me know. Marta
Y'know, I took the workshop on French Braid from the author of the book. As I recall her name is Jane Hardy Miller, but she is called Rusty. Anyhow, it was so complicated the way she taught it that when I got home with my one panel of four that I had intended to make for a table runner, I just packed it away in my UFO box and haven't looked at it again. You make it sound so simple that I think I'll get it out and try once more. Maybe it'll be easier without the teacher standing over my shoulder telling me how to do it. To be fair, I have to say that I don't really do well in classes. I usually do better if I just watch the others and then try it when I'm all alone. I wonder if anyone else has this kind of quirk?