View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 10:13 AM
Gilla

Several days ago MiHolmes mentoned on this board about being able to get a bunch of free fabrics by running an ad..

Well, I thought I try that and ran an ad also. Not with freecycle.

I received four calls so far. The first wanted me to buy her scraps worth $200 for $100. I don't have $100 to put into someone else's scraps, two more had yarn & other things not related.

The last lady calling me wanted her garage emptied out and said she had cotton fabrics left over from something. I decided to go for that one and just got back.
She wasn't kidding. I wound up with about 200# of cotton fabrics, a lot already cut into squares or shapes, ready to assemble. My WHOLE van was filled with fabrics----FREE (I am not kidding) and her husband put it all into the van for me and I didn't have to lift a finger.

There is no way in God's green acres that I can use it all. I belong to a guild and a group where we quilt together. They'll help. Even then it is more than we can use. How did she get all of this? Unbelievable!!!

It is here on my living room floor next to my sewing area. Wow!

If I don't write for a while, you know what I am doing. ----And the ad is still running.

Gilla

I'll post some pictures of this stuff when I get to take any.