View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 10:59 PM
zyxquilts

Oh my word!!! I missed this topic previously & have been laughing for the last few minutes as I read. Let's see here, I have a mini quilt top, hanging from a hanger on that doorknob over there, and underneath it are at least 5 blocks - 3 that were supposed to become either a small quilt or table runner, 2 orphans waiting for adoption. In the cabinet next to the TV, hmmm, along with fabric, there MUST be at least 6 quilt tops, maybe more, I refuse to get up & count them. :roll: There are 2 more tops piled on the coffee table, with various scraps & yardage. On the actual sewing table, my "Making Faces - Wistful Wanda" art quilt. She is at least stuck to some batting, but no backing yet because I need to quilt her first, then do some beading...then add the backing & binding. Oh yeah, there is also a wallhanging in that cabinet that actually only needs binding. My first quilt class, that I still attend, started me off with a sampler "quilt as you go". Never completed that, but do have those quilted blocks somewhere, at least the ones that didn't get made into pillows & given away. Second quilt made, Log Cabin using Eleanor Burns Quilt In a Day, well, I gave the top away to be completed & used as a fund raiser. Next Log Cabin quilt top is SOMEWHERE in my house...if I remember correctly it was cool, reds & blacks with gold metallic. But the first quilt I really f****hed, is hanging on my wall mounted quilt rack right now & I still love it. There are 24 blocks in an envelope on the front seat of my car, waiting to be mailed to my guild Swap-a-Block chair since I'm leaving on vacation Saturday for 2 weeks & will miss this month's meeting. And I KNOW there are more PIGS, UFOS & WIPS hanging around here somewhere! Just haven't dug out the machete to remake the trail to their locations! :lol:
May I refer back to the Quilters' Horoscope? (http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/820.page) Find me under "Gemini" :wink:

I think I win 8)

sue