View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 01:30 PM
Elizabeth A.

My dh bought me the vanishing makers by dritz, they are supposed to vanish in 24 to 72 hours, I'm here to tell you that will all of the fabrics I've been using it starts to vanish in about 30 minutes and is completely gone in a hour. Strange thing though... It's back the next day... So that's a "I don'a like it!"

I have been using Crayola Washable Markers, and I use them real lightly (they are the fat markers and it would be better I think to use the skinny ones). But a friend of mine says washable crayola crayons are the best. Keep in mind they still sell the kinds that aren't washable (though who knows why?) so make sure to get the washable ones.

I have used pounce in the past for multiple uses (that's the white shaker calk) and I simply can't stand the chalk dust feeling on my hands.

My husband also had this yellow quilters thing, it looked like chalk but felt a little waxy to the touch. It's supposed to rise off, but it didn't. Not only that it turned my thread yellow! Eeek! I'm still hoping the washing machine will get it out. I hope you find something that works for you. :wink: