Thread: Stash
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 05:30 PM
Emjay

My sewing area is a royal mess right now, but I am working on putting some new stuff away. I bought 72" high x 48 cabinets for the stash a retired quilt artist gave me and now they are filled up and spilling over. I recently went to a country store in SE Ohio and bought fabric for $2.49/yd and will return because they are getting a new shipment in from Californi. A lot of what I find there is available at the local stores only priced much higher. So where will it all fit? Dunno....there must be a place somewhere. I have no more room for another cabinet. When the doors are closed and I am not working on anything, it's neat. As soon as I begin to work, it's a mess. Love being in my sewing "studio" though.

I don't like to store in plastic tubs but where the fabric can breathe, hence the cabinets. I do keep my projects and pieces in a nice storage box I pick up at WalMart for $3. They are great and can be stacked, carried, laid around. They are about the size of the expensive quilt project boxes at JoAnn's.